Shipping and Returns
Our in-stock orders should take about 7–14 business days to reach a customer. Any custom orders will take approximately 6–8 weeks. Direct shipments are made to continental US locations only. Special provisions apply to shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada, as outlined below.
How We Handle Shipping
We reserve the right to choose which freightway carries your shipment. We don’t, however, control the shipping companies themselves (whether it’s a standard courier or a freight carrier — more on that last one in a minute). Once a shipment is in the hands of the delivery company, we can’t change shipping addresses or arrange for delivery to happen on a certain day. We can provide approximate delivery times, but that’s only based upon the information the delivery company makes available to us. That being said, we’re still standing by at 860-581-7252 T-F 10am-4pm excluding Holidays to help in the event there’s an issue with your delivery.
Must-Know Information for Delivery of Large Packages
While UPS and FedEx are our carriers for smaller items, be aware that larger items and orders are shipped via freight. The freight process is much more complicated than what we’ve all come to expect for small parcels, so it’s important that you’re prepared and understand what’s required of you well before delivery day. Freight delivery differs from standard parcel shipping in the following ways:
- You’ll receive a call from the freight carrier to schedule a delivery window
- You must be physically present at the delivery site during the scheduled time
- Freight deliveries are made from semi trucks with lift gate services
- Freight shipments are dropped off at the curb — not the backyard, not the porch, not the garage, and not up the driveway — meaning you’re responsible for transporting it to its intended location
- You should plan to have at least 2 helpers on standby to assist you with your delivery
- You’re required to sign for the shipment upon accepting the delivery
It’s worth reiterating: all freight shipments, unless specifically denoted, are delivered no further than the curbside, and all freight shipments require a signature at the time of delivery. If you authorize the shipping company to leave the delivery without a signature, Swanky's can’t be held responsible for damages that occur during delivery.
How R&L Freight Shipments Differ
The only exception to the above information is if your freight shipment is being carried by R&L. These deliveries operate similarly to FedEx shipments, meaning:
- You aren’t required to set up a delivery window
- You aren’t required to be home at the time of delivery
- You aren’t required to sign for the pallets
Instead of scheduling an appointment, arranging your schedule to be home for the delivery, and signing to confirm receipt, you can sit back and truly let your items come to you. If you’re home at the time of the drop-off, you can request the driver place your delivery in the garage; if you’re out of the house, the driver will leave it near the garage or doorstep.
Shipping to Remote Areas
Be aware that remote or hard-to-reach areas may incur additional shipping fees, and this applies to free shipping as well as regular shipping orders. If your order is being shipped to a location with known shipping restrictions, a customer service representative will promptly contact you to notify you of any additional charges.
That being said, we don’t always know if your area is remote or will make freight delivery difficult. If you anticipate that a shipping company will have issues reaching your residence, it’s your responsibility to inform us of those issues at the time of purchase. Such problems include but are not limited to: narrow or winding roads, dirt or gravel roads, and vacant establishments. BBQGuys is not responsible for shipping costs on merchandise not delivered because of a shipping company's inability to reach a particular location. Additionally, in-home delivery is neither implied nor offered without additional charge, and isn’t necessarily available even if you’re willing to pay more for it.
Shipping to APO/FPO Addresses
We do ship to APO/FPO addresses, but such shipments are subject to USPS size, weight, and content restrictions. If we can’t send a package to your APO/FPO address, we’ll contact you to work out an alternative. Likewise, APO/FPO shipments may be subject to additional shipping fees — if such a case arises, we’ll contact you to notify you of the fees and give you a chance to adjust your shipping address if desired.
Incorrect Addresses & Failed Freight Deliveries
If any item is shipped and returned because it’s not deliverable on account of an incorrect address, you’ll be responsible for shipping both ways. If an item shipped via freight is returned because the freight company couldn’t reach your residence, this will be considered a return, and the order will be subject to our regular return policies.
Shipping Outside of the Continental U.S.
All shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are sent via FedEx 2Day, and as such require an individual quote. If you order via the phone, you will be notified of the extra shipping before you place your order. If you order online, a customer service representative will contact you shortly after your order is placed with the additional shipping charges (before the item is shipped).
We do not ship items directly to Canada, however we will ship to your desired US-based freight forwarder. We recommend you first contact the desired freight forwarder to obtain their shipping and receiving processes. You will be responsible for all duties and tariffs on Canadian shipments, along with coordinating with the freight forwarder for delivery to the final destination. Please call 1-855-436-0104 for assistance, otherwise enter the shipping address provided by your US-based freight forwarder.
Swanky's wants to make sure that your shopping experience is an excellent one and if for some reason, a product is not to your satisfaction, we can offer solutions.
Item(s) must be in unused, unassembled condition and returned in the original packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Items that are not eligible for return include the following:
- Used items, including items that have been installed or assembled.
- Clearance items.
- Warehouse Deal Items.
- Custom-made, special-order and made-to-order products.
- Items marked “non-returnable” in the item description.
- Items requested outside of the 30-day return period.
If your item qualifies for return you can start the process with the “Submit a Return Request” button below. Please be aware of the following information regarding how this process will proceed:
- All shipping (to and from) costs are deducted from the refund.
- You will receive an email confirming we received your request that will include additional details on the process.
- An itemized Return Authorization, return shipping labels, and detailed instructions will be emailed to you upon approval. Approved returns must be returned within 30 days of receiving approval.
- If your return will be coming back via freight truck, we will require you provide us a photo before your return will be authorized. This can be as simple as a cell phone pic! We just need a “before” picture in case there is any damage to the item on its way back to us.
- Your return must be properly packaged in the original outer & inner packaging to help reduce damage and include all original parts, manuals, pieces, packing slips, etc.
- After BBQGuys receives and inspects the return, your refund will be issued. The processing time for the refund will depend on the payment option used for the order.
- Any items returned outside of this process or 30-day period are not eligible for a refund.
- Any items returned on your own are not eligible for a refund.
Submit a Return Request to firstname.lastname@example.org please customer name, address, order number date of purchase or call 860-581-7252